Those with good to excellent credit who shop frequently at Best Buy Credit Card can earn rewards on a broader selection of Best Buy products with the My, Best Buy Visa card. The 5% rewards at Best Buy (6% for Elite Plus members) represent a reasonable win rate if you make large purchases regularly.
Although, if you qualify for only the Best Buy Visa Gold card, the annual fee of $59 may not make these rewards worthwhile. In that case, you’ll need to spend at least $1,200 on eligible purchases to earn $60. worth of reward certificates to support the annuities.
Financial Advantages By Best Buy Citi Card
- Minimum 5% Reward Refund on Best Buy Purchases or Flexible Financing: When shopping at Best Buy and using your card’s standard financing option, you will receive a 5% reward refund (or a 6% refund if eligible, for Elite Plus members. Elite Plus membership is available via the My Best Buy Visa card with a spending threshold of $1,500 or more.
- 10% cashback on Day 1 of Best Buy purchases: You can earn 10% back on Day 1 rewards of Best Buy purchases made within 14 days of opening your account by selecting Standard Balance instead of Flexible Funding.
- There are other bonus categories sometimes available: Currently, you can earn 3% in Gasoline Purchase Rewards. You can also earn 2% cash back on purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, and bars and 1% cashback on all other purchases. However, Best Buy does include the caveat in their 3% bonus category that the offer can be changed or withdrawn.
Rewards Earning Details
According to whether you are a member of the My Best Buy rewards program (or not), you will earn the following rewards rate if you use your credit card:
- Core members: 1 point per dollar on qualifying purchases
- Elite Members: 1.5 points per dollar on qualifying purchases
- Elite Plus Members: 1.75 points per dollar on qualifying purchases