Eat out and shop. Maintain an address, earn enough income to make minimum payments each month, and have good credit. Cards like this are designed for consumers whose credit histories are limited or short. That means you earn 10,000 points when spending $2,000 on your first purchase with your Best Buy credit card. The requirement is that you possess a social security number.Link your Best Buy Credit Card account to your Best Buy.com account and enjoy the following benefits: I will likely be approved for my Best Buy Visa card with a fair credit score of at least 670.
How To Earn Rewards From The Best Buy Credit Card?
With the My Best Buy Visa card, you receive rewards on the following purchases:
- 5% cash back on purchases at Best Buy (2.50 points per dollar), or 6% cashback (3.5 points per dollar) if you are a Best Buy Elite Plus member.
- 5% discount (2.5 points per dollar) on travel (until December 31, 2021)
- 3% cashback (1.5 points per dollar) on gas purchases
- 2% cashback (1 point per dollar) on restaurant and grocery purchases
- 1% back (1 point per $2 spent) on all other eligible purchases
- There are two ways to become an Elite Plus member:
Make purchases worth $3,500 in a calendar year with your My Best Buy® Visa® card. Spend $3,500 at Best Buy with any credit card. You can also choose a 10% cashback to welcome bonus (5 points per dollar) at Best Buy on the first day of purchase within 14 days of account opening.
My Best Buy Visa Card Bonus
The My Best Buy Visa card bonus is disappointing but better than nothing. You can earn 5% extra rewards on top of the standard 5% rewards (10% total) on your first day of shopping at Best Buy, as long as you do so within 14 days of opening your store. An account and opt for the default credit instead of flexible credit.